Susan's Transplant Video is on You Tube

Susan Burroughs, the Founder of Cystic Fibrosis-Reaching Out Foundation has now put her transplant video on You Tube. To see the video please go to http://www.youtube.com/ and search "Susan Burroughs".

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ms. Welela Berhanu, CF Registered Nurse

Ms. Welela Berhanu is Emory University's CF Registered nurse. In her own words... I am originally from Ethiopia. I have been working as a nurse since 1989. I received an Associate Degree in Nursing from Massachusetts Bay Community College in Wellesley, MA. In 2005, I received a Bachelors of Science in Nursing from Georgia State University. I joined Emory ten years ago. the last eight years I have been working in 6G in the General Medicine Unit as a bedside RN, where I had the opportunity to care for patients with many acute and chronic illnesses, including CF. Emory University Hospital's General Medicine Unit is the only specialized inpatient care unit that cares for the adult cystic fibrosis population in the Emory Healthcare system. I have gained a great deal of experience and understanding of this disease and its treatment by working closely with patients and an interdisciplinary team. Outside work, I am a full time mom taking care of my two wonderful children. Tihute is almost four and full of energy, with a great imagination. He is in a "rescue mission" each day as a fire fighter or on a helicopter rescue team. Luam is 20 months. She is quiet, ladylike and loves her shoes. I am excited about this new opportunity and loof forward to working with adults in the Cystic Fibrosis adult program. You may contact Welela at welela.berhanu@emoryhealthcare.org

No comments: